- Commercial Litigation
- Industrial Accidents, Catastrophic Releases, and Emergency Response
- Environmental Litigation, Contribution, and Cost Recovery
- Professional Liability
- Ports and Port-Related Businesses
- Healthcare, Medical, and Pharmaceutical Litigation
Connelly · Baker · Wotring LLP
700 JPMorgan Chase Tower
600 Travis Street
(713) 980-1700 Main
(713) 980-1711 Direct
(713) 980-1701 Fax
J.D., Emory University, 1969
B.A., Stanford University, 1966
U.S. Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals
U.S. Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals
U.S. Supreme Court
Eastern District of Texas
Northern District of Texas
Southern District of Texas
Western District of Texas
Michael Connelly is a founding partner of Connelly · Baker · Wotring LLP. As an active trial lawyer for over four decades, Mr. Connelly has litigated scores of cases to juries and judges in various courts in Texas and other states. Mr. Connelly has extensive trial experience in a wide variety of areas and is well known for his work in commercial and environmental cases. The commercial cases include professional liability, tax shelters, breach of contract, tortious interference with contracts, international sale of goods, oil and gas disputes, and claims arising out of divestiture of corporate assets. The environmental cases include mass community suits, government cost recovery actions, contaminated property and sediments claims, and contribution suits. He has handled mass toxic tort cases which include workplace chemical exposure, asbestos, and silicosis, and he has handled a number of catastrophic accident cases, including multiple fatalities, plant explosions and OSHA workplace investigations. Mr. Connelly has also had many years of experience in handling medical liability cases that include hospital, nursing and physician liability, medical staff issues, medical device and pharmaceutical claims. Mr. Connelly has been extremely active in legal and charitable community activities as well, having been elected President of the Houston Bar Association for 2003-2004, following an extensive service commitment and long history of leadership positions in the bar. He has also served as President and Chairman of the Houston Lawyer Referral Service, the Houston Volunteer Lawyers' Program, and the Dispute Resolution Center. Mr. Connelly was elected to the State Bar of Texas Board of Directors and served from 2004-2007. While on the State Bar Board, he served as Chair of the Finance Committee for two years.
- Selected as one of Houston's Top Lawyers by H Texas Magazine, 2005 and 2006.
State Bar of Texas, 1969-present:
- Director, State Bar of Texas Board of Directors, 2004-2007.
- Chairman, State Bar of Texas Finance Committee, 2006-2007.
- Co-Chairman, State Bar of Texas Finance Committee, 2005-2006.
- Co-Chairman, State Bar of Texas Disaster Response Committee, 1992-1993.
- State Bar of Texas Administration of Justice Committee, 1990-1991.
- Member, State Bar of Texas Litigation Section.
- Member, State Bar of Texas Environmental Section.
- Speaker, State Bar of Texas Advanced Civil Trial Institute.
Houston Bar Association:
- Immediate Past President, Houston Bar Association, 2004-2005.
- President, Houston Bar Association, 2003-2004.
- President-Elect, Houston Bar Association, 2002-2003.
- Second Vice President, Houston Bar Association, 2001-2002.
- Treasurer, Houston Bar Association, 1999-2000.
- Director, Houston Bar Association Board of Directors, 1995-1999 Term.
American Bar Association:
- American Bar Association Tort and Insurance Practice Section, 1969-1992, 1995-2009.
- Chairman, American Bar Association Medicine and Law Committee, 1981-1983.
- American Bar Association Litigation Section, 1975-1992, 1995-2009.
- Texas Bar Foundation Sustaining Life Fellow.
- Houston Bar Foundation Sustaining Life Fellow.
- American Board of Trial Advocates, 1987-present.
International Association of Defense Counsel, 1981-present:
- Secretary/Treasurer, 2008-2011.
- Secretary/Treasurer Elect, 2007-2008.
- Chairman, National Membership Committee, 2005-2007.
- Chairman, Texas State Membership Committee.
- Toxic and Hazardous Substances Committee.
- Drugs and Medical Device Committee.
- Business Litigation Committee.
- Faculty, Trial Academy, 1987.
- Foundation of the International Association of Defense Counsel Board of Directors, 1993-2006.
- Secretary/Treasurer, Foundation of the International Association of Defense Counsel, 1999-2003, 2005-2006.
700 JPMORGAN CHASE TOWER, 600 TRAVIS STREET, HOUSTON, TX 77002 TELEPHONE: 713.980.1700 FACSIMILE: 713.980.1701
COPYRIGHT 2013, Connelly · Baker · Wotring LLP, ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. LEGAL NOTICE